Active Member: Annual Due $60.00
Associate Member: Annual Due $60.00
ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP QUALIFICATIONS: Persons regularly employed as members of the electronic broadcast community, who operate under license of either the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Canadian-Radio and Television Commission (CRTC), or Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) in categories defined below:
1) Persons who conduct regularly scheduled sports news programs on broadcast, cable or telephone channels, licensed by the FCC, CRTC or MPSC.
2) Sports Directors of broadcast, cable or telephone channels licensed by the FCC, CRTC or MPSC.
3) Persons who in the course of their employment are directly under the jurisdiction of a sports director and regularly deal with sports subjects within sportscasts.
4) Persons who regularly deliver play-by-play accounts of sports events including color commentators.
5) Persons who host regularly scheduled audience participation sports programs.
6) Non full-time employees, commonly known as ‘Stringers,’ who are regularly contracted by broadcast entities, who operate under license of either the FCC, CRTC, or MPSC, to provide voice and/or interview material of sporting events.
7) Persons who are employed for the purpose of sportscasting via Internet dissemination.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP QUALIFICATIONS: Persons who are connected with sports and its attendant broadcast potential in categories defined below, but do not pursue sports broadcasting on a full-time basis:
1) Sports publicists, public address announcers, coaches, athletic directors, sporting officials, sports authors, sportswriters, sports marketing professionals, sports producers, executive producers and sports show screeners.
2) Dues-paying Members in good standing that no longer qualify as Active Members, but wish to maintain their status with the DSM.
Student Member: Annual Due $20.00
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP QUALIFICATIONS: Students who are affiliated with a sports broadcasting or sports writing curriculum on a regular basis at a Michigan college, university or high school.
All New Members Must Pay $20.00 Application Procession Fee **
Amount automatically added to bill with new member selection